Starting Wednesday night, both parking restrictions and street closures will go into effect in the Carillon and Byrd Park neighborhoods in advance of the president’s visit to the area Thursday, Oct. 25.
Officers are asking for the public’s patience and understanding during the event as traffic flow will be restricted and even stopped as needed at different times throughout the day Thursday. They are not expected to cause any significant delays or traffic backups.
There will be no parking at the Carillon for the event and all ticketed attendees must park at City Stadium where they will then be bussed to the Carillon.
Those who live around the Carillon area are advised to plan ahead and allow for some extra time Thursday to get to their destinations.
Special parking regulations will be in effect starting Wednesday on Rugby Road, and towing will begin at 6 a.m. Thursday in the immediate area of the Carillion Park unless security circumstances change.
From approximately 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Thursday, parking will be restricted and the following streets will be closed:
• Rugby Road
• Wilbon Road
• Park Drive Between Shirley Lane and Blanton Avenue
• Blanton Avenue
• Trafford Road between Blanton and Spottswood Road
• Bute Lane east at Rugby Road
• Carillon Court
• Garrett Street between Blanton Avenue and Walpole Street
• Douglasdale Road east of Walpole Street
• Condie east of Walpole Street
• French Street east of Walpole Street
• Grant Street east of Walpole Street
• South Sheppard Street south of Maplewood Avenue (except for school employees)
• Stroller’s Lane
• Byrd Park Vita Course will be closed
• Barker Field will be closed
• Dogwood Dell parking lots will be closed
• Carillon Park will be closed
For northbound traffic from the Nickel Bridge:
All traffic northbound will be detoured at Shirley Lane to Shield’s Lake Court to Amelia Street to Meadow Street north bound.
For southbound traffic from the Boulevard:
The Downtown Expressway entrance will remain open.
Remaining traffic will be detoured at the Columbus Monument (Blanton Avenue) east to Idlewood Avenue to Meadow Street south to Amelia Street to Shield’s Lake Court to Shirley Lane to Park Drive south to the bridge.